Thank you very much for booking onto a Morbitorium taxidermy class. This page should give you all the information you need but if you have any queries please let me know.
I look forward to seeing you.
Classes start at 10.30am (unless otherwise stated) and generally finish around 4pm. More time is always available if required and everyone works at their own pace so you don’t need to worry about getting left behind. I’ll always let the class run longer if required if it means that you get a finished piece that you’re happy with.
Food & drink:
A buffet lunch will be provided at a suitable time during the class. This is usually once all the messy stuff is over. If you have any specific dietary requirements please let me know. There will always be a veggie option but may need a bit more notice for gluten free and nut allergies etc
Talking of allergies…
We have cats! They are very friendly and will be kept out of the way whilst we are working (for obvious reasons) but they may well be lounging around in the living room during the day. Please let me know if you would prefer them to be kept out of the way.
- Sat nav postcode: NP11 7GG
- Take the M4 to junction 28
- Exit at junction 28 and follow the A467
- Signposted Risca & Brynmawr
- Keep following the A467 and any signs to Crosskeys
- As you get closer there will be signs for Crosskeys railway station. Follow these now
- Turn right onto the B4591
- At this turning you should go passed a big metal statue of two crossed keys (imaginative I know)
- At the traffic lights, take the sharp left turn (going under the railway bridge) and keep following the road until you see the sign for Pontywaun
- Just before the road goes over the bridge you can turn right for parking by the canal
- The Morbitorium is the house right in front of you (Number 4), just over the bridge
Sat nav will take you passed the Morbitorium to the Trinity church. There are usually spaces for a couple of cars on this stretch of road. Once parked, walk back the way you came and we’re right on the junction by the main road
Alternatively, there is usually plenty of parking available on the other side of the canal next to the Pontywaun Spiritualist Church.
- For sat nav or other smartphone related goodness, use this Google Maps link to get directions
- If you’re coming from Cardiff then the train is your best option
- Trains run hourly from Cardiff Central to Crosskeys (Ebbw Vale line, generally leaves from Platform 0)
- The journey takes around 30 minutes and Crosskeys is the 4th stop it makes
- Alight at Crosskeys station
- Take the steps down to the main road and turn right to go under the railway bridge
- Follow the road until you cross the canal (a flat, 10 minute walk)
- Number 4 is right in front of you
- Please check timetables, National Rail or Traveline Cymru for any service alterations
- Newport people are better off on the bus
- The 151 bus is a direct bus service from Newport
- Ask for “Pontywaun Bridge“
General travel enquiries
- Traveline Cymru is a great website that will plan your journey to the Morbitorium from your doorstep
- Use your own postcode as the starting point
- NP11 7GG as the end
If you are travelling from further afield and need somewhere to stay then these local B&Bs/hotels may be useful…
Please note: I have not stayed at any of these so am unable to make any comment on what they are like